Friday, January 25, 2013

CHIA PET

This pet really captivates my heart. I made my own mini version of a homemade Chia Pet last year and it turned out really adorable. I searched the net for procedures but all require a stocking which I do not have in hand. I can't wait to try making one so I used the  gauze bandage that I got from our medicine box at home and this is how it turned out:


Day 1


Day 5


Day 10


Makeover Day!!!

Here's how I did it:
Materials:
  • gauze bandage
  • palay grains
  • dirt
  • thread/string
  • buttons
  • glue
  • jelly cups
Procedure:
1. Cut gauze into square (approximately 5"x 5"), double if gauze is thin.
2. Cup gauze with hand and fill with 15-20 palay grains then put enough dirt/soil.
3. Gather the edges of the gauze and tie with a thread/string to close. It should be round, like a ball.
4. Glue buttons for eyes (or use googly eyes).
5. Place the head in a jelly cup that will serve as a stand.
6. Water everyday and wait for the hairs to grow.
7. If the hairs are already long, give it a cut! =)

So cute!






No comments:

Post a Comment