Saturday, March 30, 2013

LIGHT CATCHER

This is another cool summer project for you and your kids.
'Got this idea from Smart Parenting Philippines March 2011 issue; under How-to column entitled Easy, breezy summer by Grace Marcellana. I just changed some materials that are not readily available in our home.

Here's a photo of the light catcher I made with my 3 y/o daughter:

The main material here are the old CDs that reflect sunlight that's why it is called light catcher.

MATERIALS:
Old CDs
Colored paper
Sequins
Flower bead
Crayons
Ribbon
Glue
Sticks (2)
Scissors

PROCEDURE:
1. I got these two (2) wooden sticks, my father's scraps after repairing an old wooden bed. I covered them with colored paper.



2. I arranged them into a cross and tie them using the ribbon.


3. The next thing I did was to decorate the CDs by tracing them in colored paper, cut, then ornate.










My little darling wants to make one too.









This is a sunflower according to her. =)

4. Lastly, I glued them on the CD, strung the CDs and tied them on the sticks.



FINAL OUTCOME:

There goes Orange's sunflower.


Glimmer, shimmer, shine! (*-*)




No comments:

Post a Comment