Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ZIPPER COIN PURSE

Thanks to my cousin Daisy for sharing this zipper idea when we were in college. When I was experiencing financial difficulty in college, I made zipper coin purses to sell to my classmates and teachers so I could earn money to buy second hand books. I made zipper coin purses but I never had a chance to use one. So, today, I made a zipper coin purse for my self. =D



For my materials, I made use of available zippers at home. These are 8 inches nylon zippers.
For the procedure, first, I sew the zippers together on their wrong sides using back stitch. I made sure that the bottom stops of the zippers are aligned.





Then, I folded the zippers and sew below the top stop.


 Next, I cut the excess portion of the zippers and hid the edges using a bias tape.

The zippers' teeth are a little bit hard; I can't sew neatly, LOL

Lastly, I inverted it and sew small buttons for embellishment.


Can be opened on its sides

Can be opened at the middle

I love my coin purse! =D

This reminds me of my college days (*-*)






2 comments:

  1. Very cute coin purse. Love that all the zippers actually zip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, gjeometry. A bigger version can be made by adding more zippers then folding it lengthwise (along the zippers' length). =)

      Delete