Friday, February 15, 2013

PAPER MACHE CARD BY THOUGHTFUL TOT

My little girl is feeling thoughtful this Valentine. She wanted to make a card for her day care teacher. To keep her fixated on this project while I attend to my school papers, I chose the paper mache card. I was rushing when I prepared her paper mache paste. I put pieces of torn tissue paper in warm water and added Elmer's glue; and mashed it using my hand. I gave it to her and told her to smudge the paste on the card. Hurry-scurry me but I still manage to take this photo. Look at how intent she is with smudging, lol.



paper mache paste


But of course tots are tots; she was not able to finish it. She complained that the paste feels sticky and yucky. So, I end up helping her. I just asked her to pick dried flowers and grasses to embed on the card as I complete the smudging. This is the card's outcome.




After embedding the flowers, we dried it under the sun. She checked on it from time to time. Out of curiosity, I think, she tried to peel the paper mache from the card. Again, I end up patching it. She drew inside the card and we rehearsed the line, "Happy Valentine's Day, Madam!" with a wide smile =D.




No comments:

Post a Comment