Monday, February 18, 2013

KIND-HEARTED

What kind of heart did you give last Valentine's Day? 
I made three (3) kinds of heart from materials that are readily available in our home. I used 3 different colors of fabric (red, blue, and gold), thread and needle for hand sewing, ribbon, big black beads for eyes, small beads for lip.



 First, I cut 2 heart shapes from fabric (widest width is 4 inches) and sew them together leaving a small opening where I inserted the fiber fill. I also placed a ribbon so it could be hanged. Next, I glued the eyes. Then, threaded the lip. But of course, I don't want to end there; I also embellished using a blue bow for the red heart, a small red cap for the blue one, and beads and wire to form a small tiara for my gold heart. I sew the ribbon and the cap; and the tiara, I strung beads in the wire.

bow, cap, tiara

This is the final outcome:

Romantic Heart
(The color red symbolizes romantic love; and the ribbon makes the heart sweet. The bow is blue but it appeared green in the photo; it's a two-tone fabric, actually)


Unconditional Heart
(Blue symbolizes unconditional love like a parent's love to his/her child. I chose to put a cap on it because like caps, parents protect their children)


Treasured Heart
(Gold is treasure; and the tiara makes the heart a royalty.) 


Some uses of the hearts


My daughter likes the blue heart.


My original plan was to give these hearts to friends but my daughter took them and hid them somewhere. Valentine's day had passed but until now I am heart hunting. Where are they, Orange?

No comments:

Post a Comment