Tuesday, April 16, 2013

HOW TO DETANGLE DOLL'S HAIR

Barbie and Jem, and my little miss

Yesterday, my daughter and I kept ourselves busy with detangling Barbie and Jem's blonde locks. There is not much of a problem with Jem's hair; it just needed a bit of conditioning. Barbie's hair was the one to be rescued. 


To detangle their hair we used Johnson's baby shampoo, Surf fabric conditioner, water, towel and comb.


PROCEDURE:
1. First we gently shampooed their hair using the baby shampoo and rinsed afterwards.


2. Next, we removed the excess water in their hair by wiping it with towel.


3. Then, we applied fabric conditioner on the hair and combed it gently. The amount of fabric conditioner will depend on the severity of the tangle. We left them for an hour for the fab con to seep through; but 30 minutes is okay.




4. After an hour, we rinsed their hair with water; combed it and air dry.




I never knew before that Jem dolls are actually vintage. It was just a hand-me -down toy from my bestfriend.    I never knew her hair was really like that (punk style) until I saw it on the net; I thought my bestfriend murdered her hair. I know vintage things should be kept but not my Jem; she was playing with us since I was a kid. It's my favorite doll; love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment